Friday, August 1, 2014

Rant Mondays: G-Dragon and the "Ching Chong"

I heard about this not too long ago, and I actually saw the video of it on Facebook, and I just want to address all this. I am not okay with this behavior, and I am also very much against racism, and this just fired me up on this cursing, angry rampage which I usually am not a person to do.

Let me tell you what happened. 

It actually happened a few moths earlier, this incident. During Paris Fashion Week, G-Dragon, the leader of Big Bang, attended the Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) fashion show. While he was walking in and out of the show, there was a guy slurring "Ching Chong" and "ni hao" at him.

Well. Here is where I begin ranting.

Let me just say that I do not tolerate racism whatsoever. Doesn't matter for who or for what or whatever, I just really despise it. It does not mean that I'm not racist sometimes, but I try not to. Racism just brings more labels into society and we already have enough labels going around. I hate how it's even possible for people to judge others based off skin color; just because you are one skin color doesn't mean you are inferior or superior to someone of another. And I especially hate it when people act on their racism to insult and hurt others. I mean, everybody has been racist at some point, but that does not mean you have to openly express racist thoughts onto others.

I come from a Chinese family. And being the traditional, old Chinese people that my parents and grandparents are, they are racist. They don't like blacks or Hispanics because they have strong belief in the stereotypes of those people being bad. That's very common, and I understand why they feel that way, but at the same time it is very wrong. I hate how they immediately say no when I ask them if I can go hang out with my friends and there's Hispanics or blacks in the group. But I can't do anything to change their minds, and instead I decide to be a more open person myself to not believe in those stereotypes. I know lots of great, intelligent people who are all different races! Just because they are a different race doesn't mean they are not amazing people with eye-opening ideas!

One main point about the G-Dragon incident that really pisses me off is the fact that he's not freaking CHINESE. Not all Asians are CHINESE okay?! Sure the majority of Asians are Chinese, but just immediately assuming he's Chinese and calling him "Ching Chong" is mad whack. The "ni hao" was also freaking unnecessary. Is going "Ching chong! Ni hao!" to an Asian the first thing that comes to your mind when you see an Asian person? Don't you think that maybe if they are in PARIS and attending a famous event that maybe they know how to say "Hi"? .-. Some people are just so stupid and never think before speaking.

I got really mad over the fact that people thought it was okay to just throw out racist comments towards somebody. It's completely disrespectful and shows how uneducated you are. And to add on, G-Dragon is an amazing person, and I'm pretty sure if they had actually known who he was they wouldn't have said that. It just really pissed me off. I would be cursing right now, but I do not like having cuss words staining my posts. Those people are just stupid little *insert colorful words here* who don't know how to treat others because obviously they don't understand the whole "treat others the way you want to be treated." 

So that was my small rant. Ugh. I can't even think of how to end and what to say right now; those people have really disgusted me. 

Until tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment