Friday, August 1, 2014

Favorite Fridays: "The Rickshaw Run" by JacksGap

So, I have been watching quite a lot of YouTube videos in the past week, and I have stumbled across a series of videos on YouTube that caught my attention. 

This week's favorite is~
"The Rickshaw Run" by JacksGap


JacksGap presents "The Rickshaw Run-Trailer"

If you aren't familiar with the YouTube channel, JacksGap: I will explain who and what it is. If you are familiar: *fangirl giggles* JacksGap is a channel created by Jack Harries, a British YouTuber and filmmaker(?) of sorts, where he documents parts of his life and the adventures he experiences as well as some films that he makes. His twin brother, Finn Harries, is on the channel at times, and together they've been to places like Ibiza, India, Thailand, etc. 

The Rickshaw Run was a project that the Harries brothers did with five other guys. Together, they planned to drive the width of India in small vehicles known as rickshaws to raise money for teenage cancer trust. They would spend three weeks travelling through India together, and it would be a completely new and exciting adventure for them. 

The Rickshaw Run Team consisted of 


(The starred links are links to the members' Twitters, because they do not have YouTube channels)

Down below, I will be posting the four episodes of The Rickshaw Run. I don't feel the need to explain what happens because everything is narrated and explained by the members. It's a very wild and eye-opening documentation, and I feel like it is a great series of well made film. 


JacksGap presents "The Rickshaw Run- The Beginning"



JacksGap presents "The Rickshaw Run- Part 1"


JacksGap presents "The Rickshaw Run- Part 2" 



JacksGap presents "The Rickshaw Run- Part 3" 



JacksGap presents "The Rickshaw Run- Part 4"

I hope you enjoyed this project, I know I had a great time watching the parts, and I feel like the entire project was for a very good cause and was a invaluable experience for the members. If you want to check out more videos with the Harries twins, please click here, where you will be transported to the glorious world of two absolutely gorgeous British boys. Yeah, they are pretty gorgeous, aren't they? 

One of my favorites from their videos is one called "A Film for Ella." It is a film Jack Harries made for his girlfriend (yes, he's taken. Let's all cry together and be happy for them ^^), where he surprised her by travelling all the way to Sydney, Australia from the UK to see her on her birthday. It is extremely touching and I really wish that I had a boyfriend like that (don't we all). 


So I guess this is it for this week's Favorite Friday. Anticipate some news this weekend~! 

02




No comments:

Post a Comment