Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday Melodies: Lyn's "시간을 거슬러 (Back in Time)"

Recently, I have spending all of my free time rewatching my all-time favorite drama in the entire television universe. And as I was crying uncontrollably, there is this song that plays in the background that makes the crying even uglier. 

This week's song is~

Lyn's "시간을 거슬러 (Back in Time)"

This is the Original Sound Track, or OST, of the Korean drama The Moon Embracing the Sun. The drama ripped me to shreds emotionally. I was a crying mess. The actors are talented and hot (female and male. Especially the males), the storyline is gripping and emotional, and the drama has meaning to it. Morals on life, love, family, and the meaning of power. I can't express my love for this story enough; and to think this drama was based off a book! I am buying that book, regardless of my inability to read difficult Korean texts! 

Now here comes the lyrics+MV thing for the song. Listen to it, and after reading it everything GO WATCH THE DRAMA ;-; 


Lyn presents "Back in Time"

The entirety of the drama was unbelievable. I cannot watch any other dramas anymore; I'M SPOILED FOR LIFE. So this is a historical drama (which are the best) set in the Joseon Era. The storyline is quite complicated, but I will try to explain as well as I can. Basically, Lee Hwon (male lead) meets Heo Yeon Woo (female lead) as kids. Hwon is the crown prince and Yeon Woo is the daughter of a noble. When it is time to select a crown princess, Yeon Woo is selected. Happy happy right? But before they can marry, the Dowager Queen secretly orders her death in order to place Yoon Bo Gyeong (daughter of a family clan) as Crown Princess. She orders for the chief shaman, Shaman Jang to cast a death spell on her. However, before Yeon Woo had been born, her mother saved a lady named Ahri who turned out to be a shaman. In exchange for the kindness, Ahri promised to protect Yeon Woo. Before she died, Ahri had asked shaman Jang to fulfill the promise. So shaman Jang gives Yeon Woo's father a potion that will help Yeon Woo die in peace. After she dies and is hastily buried, Yeon Woo is resurrected from her grave but loses her memories. Everyone thinks she is dead, including Prince Hwon, who although gets married to Bo Gyeong, refuses to love any other woman. (Talk about dedicated, huh?) Yeon Woo then lives with shaman Jang, who becomes her spiritual mother, and becomes a shaman. 

Eight years later, Yeon Woo unexpectedly returns to the palace as a shaman named Wol (which means moon) to take care of the sick Hwon, who is now the King of Joseon. She is made into a human talisman, a bad luck absorbing shaman for the King. He still loves Yeon Woo and neglects his present Queen, and is confused by the similarities between Wol and Yeon Woo. The fates of Yeon Woo and Hwon are still intertwined, but they face many challenges in order to fully be able to accept each other's love and to be together. Hwon's half-brother, Yang-Myung, who also had fallen in love with Yeon Woo in their childhood, begins chasing after Wol despite the fact that she has no feelings but friendship for him. After seeing Wol, Hwon reopens investigation on the death of Yeon Woo. However, many people are out to overthrow him, and the case of Yeon Woo's death is much more than it seems. 

Yeah. Just a short summary c: 

There was basically one reason at first that I watched this drama. I think it's pretty obvious. I mean, I think this was the reason why many people watched this drama. Here is my one reason:


Kim Soohyun as Lee Hwon

Must I need another reason to watch this drama?? HE IS GORGEOUS and simply amazing as an actor and plays roles with emotion and did I mention that he is gorgeous? I mean... woof. Look at him in that robe. I was watching the entire drama crying half the time and the rest like "When is she going to unwrap that present from the heavens???" But literally, Viki, the site I was watching the drama on,... the commentors. God. There are scenes in the drama where there is sexual tension(ish) and so many people were going crazy and commenting "she want the d," "She's horny," "Turn that table into a bed," "God can't they make babies already," etc. etc. I was sitting there just reading comments and yelling at the screen like "C'MON. UNBUCKLE THAT BELT ALREADY YOU PEOPLE."

But Kim Soohyun. He is literally a gift from the stars. If there was one actor I could marry in the entire world, it would be him. Screw the age gap he is mad hot and I want that. Who doesn't want that?? (If you don't, there's more for me so mehrong~) And he's not the only hot guy in the drama. There's Jung Il Woo (Oh my GOD) and Song Jae Rim (PLEZZZ I SHIPPED WOONXHWON AT ONE POINT OMF) and oh my god that cast ;-; SO BEAUTIFUL. 

So back to the song. I got kind of carried away (.   .)" The people who edited this drama, I bow to you. The soundtracks were simply breathtaking, fit the drama perfectly, and were played at all the right times. I was so impressed with the songs and the instrumentals and emotion and the build-up the music had, and the effect of it on the scene was incredibly satisfying. The song made me cry harder than I was already crying and I don't even know if that is possible because I basically watched every episode with blurry eyes full of tears. Lyn is a incredible singer, and she also made the OST from My Love From the Star (another Kim Soohyun drama that I love). Her voice is really good with ballads and makes you emotional. I swear, Korean ballads are the best. Drama OSTs are mostly always super amazing, and I really appreciate the effort they put into making amazing music for television productions. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song and cannot stop listening to it. 

Last note on the drama:

Kim Soohyun and Han Ga In are gorgeous people who are gorgeous together but I still ship Hwon and Woon because they are the OTP okay they are so beautiful bromance for lyfe xD

So this is it for this week's Thursday Melody~! 


No comments:

Post a Comment