Monday, November 10, 2014

Something Big

I don't have an introduction to this other than LISTEN TO THIS AND FEEL THE FEELS FIRST.



Something Big (Audio) by Shawn Mendes (2014)

Lately, I have just been really into Shawn and his music and his story and HIM in general. He's a great personality and he's coming to New York City and having a concert here, which is pretty exciting, even though I might not be able to attend ;;-;;

Anyways, you can buy "Something Big" here~

Anyways, he's IN NEW YORK CITY RIGHT NOW AND I AM SO EXCITED OUT OF MY MIND BECAUSE HIS CONCERT IS ON SATURDAY AND I AM CRYING BECAUSE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GO LIKE WHATTT~~~

So most of you reading this may be going like "What? Who the hell is Shawn Mendes?" Well, to all you seemingly oblivious readers (I'm only joking), Shawn Mendes is a sixteen year-old Canadian singer-songwriter dude who is growing now and emerging from Vine and YouTube as a singing sensation. He's not super big, but he's well-loved by all his fans and a really nice person. And did I mention that he is super handsome and amazing? Well he is. He's six feet, all muscle, and strong-jawed. His EP, The Shawn Mendes EP, is amazing and you guys should definitely check him out. I will link a YouTube Audio playlist below if you want to go check that out :) 

Music-wise, I just love this song. I wasn't expecting something so upbeat and amazing, I was actually leaning more towards the acoustic-ballad like "Life of the Party" or "The Weight" because I really liked that side of Shawn, so "Something Big" really took me by surprise. I love this song, bought it the minute came out, and haven't stopped listening to it the minute it came out. I was really depressed in the beginning because not a lot of people understood my feels for him and then I met these two girls who totally get my feels which is amazing and now we just run through the halls and slide down the escalators of our school screaming the lyrics (okay, I might be a little extreme but you get the point). I love how this song is super upbeat, and definitely portrays accurately how everything is getting bigger and so many incredible things are happening to him right now. He's just come off the Austin Mahone tour and starting a tour of his own and his first full album will be dropping soon and everything is just so amazing for him right now and the fact that he's so open and shares so much with his fans just makes the experience all that more exciting. 

The instrumentals are brilliant and as usual highlight his voice and I love the whole "African-beat" thing going on and I thought it wouldn't work but it definitely does. The song is amazingly catchy and I played it for my younger brother and even he began singing along after awhile because the song is just so catchy and easy to follow. I can't wait to see him perform it live, it's going to be amazing and definitely a highlight! I can just imagine his smile and everything, it's just going to be amazing. 

So, this post was basically a rant about how brilliant Shawn Mendes is. I hope my fangirling sparked some interest for him within you, so definitely check him out~ I'll post his media links now: 


Hopefully you will feel the feels if you don't already~ Make sure to follow him and love him!






No comments:

Post a Comment